- Station Info
- Featured on 4
The UTEP women have already knocked off a pair of BCS schools in Arizona and Arizona state, the Miners try to add Kansas State to that list of victims this weekend.
- UTEP will return to action after a layoff for final exams by playing at undefeated Kansas State at 12 p.m. MST Sunday.
- The game will air on 1150 AM in El Paso while being broadcast on TV on Cox 22 throughout the state of Kansas & on Metro Sports in the Kansas City area.
- The Miners (8-1) have won three straight games but it will mark just their second road contest of the year.
- The Wildcats (7-0) remained perfect on the year with a 68-54 dispatching of South Dakota on Dec. 9.
- KSU is 4-0 at home & has won 17 straight at Bramlage Coliseum vs. non-conference foes.
- Following the contest against KSU, UTEP will play host to New Mexico at 7:05 p.m. MST Dec. 20. The game will be the final one before a holiday break.
- UTEP will then wrap up the month with home match-ups against Sam Houston State (5:30 p.m., 12/28 & UTPA (2:05 p.m., 12/30).
- December has been the best month for the Miners during the Keitha Adams era. UTEP is 49-25 in the month, including a mark of 25-2 at home since the start of the 2006-07 campaign.
- The Miners are 96-57 in non-league play under Adams, including 8-1 this year.
- UTEP is assured of pushing its school-record steak of .500 or better in non-conference play to eight seasons.
- The prior record was four, 1994-95 through 1997-98.
- The Miners have sustained just one loss through nine games for the second straight year & fourth occasion in program history.
- UTEP was 9-0 at this point last year while standing 8-1 in both 1996-97 & 2006-07.
- Video and audio for every home game for the Miners on the year will be available through UTEPAthletics.com (subscription-based).
- Each of the remaining road contests on the season will be broadcast on Talk Radio 1150 AM.
- To keep up with the very latest on the program, LIKE the team’s page on Facebook (UTEPWomensBasketball) and follow it on Twitter (@UTEPWBB). Additionally, connect with Coach Adams by following her on Twitter (@UTEPKeithaAdams).
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Kansas State leads the series, 2-1.
- The most-recent match-up came in the 2008-09 season opener for both squads, a 65-44 Kansas State victory on Nov. 14, 2008.
- The Wildcats also toppled the Miners, 66-58, on Dec. 1, 2007.
- UTEP’s win in the series came in a neutral-site contest (67-61, in Moscow, Idaho, 12/6/96).
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved