- Station Info
- Featured on 4
East Carolina defeated UTEP, 28-18
Sept. 29, 2012
UTEP Post-Game Notes
- The 98-yard scoring drive in the first quarter tied for the second-longest for the Miners in the Mike Price era (2004-present). UTEP had a 99-yard scoring drive at SMU in 2009. Overall it marked the 17th scoring drive of 90+ yards for UTEP under Price.
- The touchdown catch by Jordan Leslie in the first quarter was his third in the last four games.
- Nathan Jeffery picked up his second career 100-yard rushing game with 27 carries for 134 yards. Jeffery ran for 177 yards in the season opener versus Oklahoma.
- Nick Lamaison threw his first interception of the season on his 146th pass attempt in the fourth quarter.
- Michael Edwards (130 yards) posted his second straight 100-yard receiving game and his third in a UTEP uniform. Edwards tallied 151 yards at Wisconsin last week.
- Edwards is the first UTEP receiver with consecutive 100-yard games since Kris Adams did so versus New Mexico and Rice in October of 2010.
- Shane Huhn made his first career start at strong safety. Huhn is the third freshman to start for the Miners this season (RBs Autrey Golden & Xay Williams are the others), and the first freshman to start on defense since Wesley Miller earned six starts at strong safety a year ago.
- Huhn answered the call with a career-high nine tackles. His previous best was four stops versus NM State on Sept. 15.
- Aubrey Alexius also posted a career-best with 12 tackles (previous high seven versus Oklahoma on Sept. 1).
- Josh Fely came within one of his career-high for tackles with 11.
- The 96-yard kickoff return by Autrey Golden in the fourth quarter was the seventh-longest in school history and the longest by a UTEP player since Quintin Demps had a 100-yard return at UCF in 2007.
- Golden’s 96-yard kickoff return is the longest ever by a UTEP freshman.
- The 157 kickoff yards for Golden are the most by a UTEP player since Vernon Frazier had 177 against Houston last season.
- UTEP finished 2-for-13 on third down conversions. The two conversions are the fewest for the Miners since going 1-for-12 on third down at NM State last season. That game was also suspended in-game due to inclement weather.
- UTEP is 7-3 under Mike Price in games where rain has fallen.
- The Miners drop to 5-3 in C-USA openers with their third straight loss, all on the road.
- UTEP is 6-23 in C-USA road games and 0-18-1 when playing in the Eastern time zone.
- The Miners are 2-9 on the road versus C-USA Eastern Division teams.
- The Miners will face SMU in their C-USA home opener next Saturday at 6 pm MT.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved