- Station Info
- Featured on 4
The SMU Mustangs defeated the UTEP Miners, 17-0, to shutout UTEP for the first time at home in 115 games. Here are some post game notes:
UTEP Post-Game Notes
- Tight ends caught three passes on UTEP’s initial offensive drive of the second half after totaling one reception in the previous 11 quarters of play dating back to the NM State game on Sept. 15.
- Devin Patterson established a UTEP high with 45 yards receiving tonight. His previous best was 19 yards versus NM State on Sept. 15.
- The sack by Horace Miller in the second quarter was his fifth of the season, tying his total for the entire 2011 campaign in a half-season’s worth of games.
- Drew Thomas logged the first double-digit tackle game of his career with 12 stops. His previous career-high was eight stops at Wisconsin on Sept. 22.
- The 30-yard interception return for a TD by Ja’Gared Davis in the second quarter was the first by an opposing player since Tulsa’s Shawn Jackson reached the end zone on a 34-yard return last season in the Sun Bowl.
- UTEP yielded a season-low 372 yards to the Mustangs. It marked the fewest yards surrendered by the Miner defense since Nov. 12, 2011 versus East Carolina (254).
- The 372 yards were the fewest given up by UTEP in a loss since Oct. 30, 2010 at Marshall (313 allowed in a 16-12 defeat).
- UTEP pitched a second-half shutout for the first time since Oct. 15, 2011 at Tulane.
- UTEP has now held four C-USA opponents scoreless in the second half since joining the league in 2005 (Marshall in 2005, Tulane in 2008, Tulane in 2011, SMU in 2012).
- The last time UTEP lost a game where it allowed 17 points or fewer was on Oct. 30, 2010 at Marshall (16-12). The Miners are now 8-2 in C-USA games where they yield under 20 points.
- UTEP tied its season-low with 13 first downs.
- The last time a UTEP opponent missed three field goals in a game was Southern Miss in 2008 (3-for-6).
- UTEP suffered its first home shutout loss since Sept. 13, 2003 versus San Diego State (34-0).
- It was the Miners’ first shutout loss in a conference game since Oct. 26, 2002 at Tulsa (20-0), and their first in a conference home game since Nov. 9, 1996 against SMU (30-0).
- It marked just the second time in 354 games that a team coached by Mike Price was held scoreless. The first time was in 1984, when Price’s Weber State squad dropped a 48-0 decision at home to Montana State.
- UTEP’s four-game winning streak versus SMU in the Sun Bowl was ended as the Mustangs posted their first victory in the venue since 2002. It was also UTEP’s first loss to SMU at home since joining Conference USA.
- The Miners dropped to 6-2 in C-USA home openers with back-to-back losses following six consecutive wins.
- The Miners will play at Tulsa on Thursday (Oct. 11) at 6 pm MT. The game will be televised on FOX Sports Network.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved