- Station Info
- Featured on 4
UTEP Head Coach Mike Price talks about the hard work the Miners put in this morning leading up to Saturday's game against Wisconsin in Madison. Tune in! Here are some other notes about the matchup:
UTEP wraps up the non-conference portion of its 2012 schedule at Big Ten power Wisconsin.
- It marks the first meeting between the Miners and the Badgers.
- UTEP is facing a Big Ten team for the second time. The Miners dropped a 69-7 decision at 15th-ranked Iowa on Sept. 27, 1986.
- The Miners are making their first visit to the state of Wisconsin.
- Capacity in Camp Randall Stadium is 80,321. UTEP has played before crowds of 80,000 or more just four times historically, and crowds of 70,000 or more eight times. UTEP is 0-8 in those games.
- The other instances where UTEP played before 80,000+ fans were at Tennessee in 1986 (26-16 loss),
at no. 7 Tennessee in 1990 (56-0 loss), at no. 10 LSU in 1997 (55-3 loss) and at no. 2 Texas in 2009 (64-7 loss).
- The 10 a.m. mountain start time is believed to be the earliest in school history. The Miners have kicked off at 11 a.m. mountain numerous times, most recently at East Carolina on Nov. 28, 2008.
- UTEP is 8-20 in day games under coach Mike Price, including 6-16 on the road. The Miners are 3-15 in day games away from El Paso since 2006.
- The Miners are 0-16 all-time in road games versus BCS conference teams (lost 35-3 at Texas Tech in 1998, lost 47-28 at Oregon in 1999, lost 40-7 at Kansas State in 1999, lost 34-21 at Arizona in 1999, lost 55-14 at Oklahoma in 2000, lost 45-17 at Texas A&M in 2000, lost 56-7 at Alabama in 2001, lost 77-17 at Kentucky in 2002, lost 68-0 at Oklahoma in 2002, lost 42-7 at Arizona in 2003, lost 41-9 at Arizona State in 2004, lost 45-31 at Texas Tech in 2007, lost 64-7 at Texas in 2009, lost 58-21 at Arkansas in 2010, lost 52-24 at USF in 2011, lost 28-10 at Ole Miss in 2012).
- UTEP is 18-18 in non-conference games under Mike Price (includes three bowls) and 6-10 in road non-conference games.
- UTEP begins a stretch of three road games in four weeks. The Miners will play at East Carolina on Sept. 29 and Tulsa on Oct. 11.
- The Miners will travel a total of 5,810 miles (round trip) the next two weeks to face Wisconsin and East Carolina.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
- UTEP scored touchdowns on its first four possessions en route to a 41-28 win over I-10 rival NM State last Saturday in the Sun Bowl.
- The Miners took a 27-0 lead early in the second quarter on a three-yard scoring run by Josh Bell.
- UTEP put together its best all-around offensive performance of the season with 310 yards through the air and 177 on the ground.
- QB Nick Lamaison recorded his second 300-yard passing game as a Miner, completing 21-of-32 attempts for 300 yards.
- Lamaison’s top target was WR Jordan Leslie who tallied seven catches for a career-high 147 yards.
- UTEP tight ends were also a focal point of the offense with a combined four catches for 26 yards and two TDs.
- The Miners rushed for 100 yards as a team for the second time this season as freshman Autrey Golden rambled for a personal best 69 yards on 12 carries.
- The UTEP defense totaled seven tackles for losses and three sacks for 27 yards.
- Wisconsin improved to 2-1 on the young season with a 16-14 win over Utah State in Madison last Saturday.
- The Badgers held on after the Aggies’ Josh Thompson missed a 37-yard field goal in the final seconds.
- Trailing 14-3 at the half, Wisconsin outscored Utah State 13-0 over the final 30 minutes.
- It was Wisconsin’s 25th consecutive non-conference home win and 18th straight victory at Camp Randall Stadium.
- The Badgers scored their two touchdowns on an 82-yard punt return by Kenzel Doe and a 17-yard run by Montee Ball.
- Ball ran for 139 yards on 37 carries in notching his 18th career 100-yard game.
- Ball has scored 63 career touchdowns, including 57 of the rushing variety. He has 3,630 rushing yards in his career.
- Utah State finished with 308 yards of offense to Wisconsin’s 234.
- Wisconsin allowed Utah State to convert just 6-of-19 third down attempts. Through three games the Badgers have limited foes to a 29.8 percent (14-for-47) success rate on third down.
- Senior LB Mike Taylor led the Wisconsin defense with 13 tackles last week.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved