- Station Info
- Featured on 4
El Paso, TX — The U.S. Women's National Team will play Mexico on Sept. 18 at Sahlen's Stadium in Rochester, New York, home to the Western New York Flash of the National Women's Soccer League.
The match will be the second of two games against Mexico as the teams will also play on Sept. 13 at a venue to be determined.
The USA's fourth visit to Sahlen's Stadium (and sixth overall match in Rochester) will kick off at 7 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on ESPN2 and WatchESPN. Fans can also follow along on Twitter @ussoccer_wnt and @ussoccer_esp.
The game in Rochester will be the final warm-up for both teams before the 2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship to be held in the United States in Kansas City, Kansas; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; and Philadelphia. The tournament will qualify the top three finishers directly to the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, to be held in Canada, while the fourth-place team will enter a two-game playoff against a team from South America.
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, Aug. 8, at 10 a.m. ET through ussoccer.com and by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Starting Saturday, Aug. 9, at 9 a.m. ET, tickets will also be available at all Ticketmaster ticket centers throughout the Rochester area (including Walmart stores) and the Sahlen's Stadium ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.). Purchases will be limited to six tickets per household. (TICKETS)
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
As a sponsor of U.S. Soccer, Visa is pleased to offer all Visa cardholders access to an advance ticket sale for this match before the sale to the general public. This advance sale starts Thursday, Aug. 7, at 10 a.m. ET and runs until Friday, Aug. 8, at 8 a.m. ET at ussoccer.com. Visa will be the only payment method accepted through the Visa presale and is the preferred card of U.S. Soccer. Terms and conditions apply.
• The two matches against Mexico will be the 29th and 30th between the countries.
• Mexico will be attempting to qualify for its third Women's World Cup after participating in 1999 and 2011.
• The USA holds an all-time record of 26-1-1 against Mexico, with the one loss coming famously during the semifinal of the 2010 CONCACAF Women's Championship in Cancun, Mexico, that forced the USA into a playoff with Italy for a berth to the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup.
• The U.S. WNT has strong connections to Rochester as it is the hometown of all-time leading goal scorer Abby Wambach and the site of both Wambach's and Mia Hamm's 100th career goal (Hamm's came at Frontier Field before the new venue was built).
• Wambach and midfielder Carli Lloyd both play their club soccer at Sahlen's Stadium for the Western New York Flash.
• The USA has won all five previous matches in Rochester - three at Sahlen's Stadium and two at Frontier Field.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved