- Station Info
- Featured on 4
El Paso, TX — Friendships, self-confidence, skills, technique, and unforgettable lessons from notable coaches and inspirational speakers – Basketball Combine is pleased to announce its co-ed encore camp, "Point Guard & Post Player Academy" from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. August 11 through 15 now being held at the El Paso Dream Arena, 6969 Industrial Ave. The camp is also pleased to announce scholarship sponsor opportunities for local businesses, community members and organizations (information below).
Register online at: www.basketballcombine.com
After a successful inaugural camp in June, Basketball Combine is having its second event with exciting changes including upping the age of participants to high school level and afternoon tournament play for registered teams. Children ages 7 to 17 including high school basketball teams are encouraged to attend. Cost is $250 with breakfast and lunch served. No matter the skill level, Basketball Combine offers training for all players. More than just learning basketball skills such as BEEF and NBA agility drills, campers will also meet and hear inspirational role models who will speak about lessons and leadership skills that can apply to their everyday lives.
Special guests and speakers include:
- Casey Owens- Assistant Coach, Los Angeles Lakers NBA D-League; 15-year veteran of professional basketball; coaching, player development, and scouting at the NBA, NBA Development League, CBA and international levels; last season, Owen served as head coach for Guaiqueries of the Venezuelan Professional League; Assistant Coach, Colorado 14ers (2007 to 2009)- Owens helped lead the team to the 2009 NBA D-League Championship under current D-Fenders Head Coach Bob MacKinnon. Assistant, Fayetteville Patriots, NBA D-League; Assistant Coach and Director of Player Personnel, Dakota Wizards of the CB; Head Coach, Dakota Wizards (2004-05) when the team posted a league-best 32-16 record; NBA D-League Scouting Consultant, Milwaukee Bucks and Denver Nuggets; Head Video Coordinator, the Chicago Bulls; Scout, Portland Trail Blazers; Owens has also coached abroad in China for three different teams. An experienced developer of NBA talent, Owens has helped foster 10 GATORADE NBA Call-Ups while serving in the NBA D-League.
- Nick Saenz – Lead Coach, Tony Parker Basketball Elite program; NBA San Antonio Spurs and NBA D-League Austin Toros affiliated; Coach, Central Catholic High School
- Eric Weissling – Coach and Scout, Mexico National Team, Halcones Xalapa and Pioneros Los Mochis
- David Lujan – San Antonio Spurs
- Daniel Chatchou – 6 foot 10 NBA Prospect
- Joseph Welsh – Chair, Don Haskins Tournament; President, El Pasoal Heat Basketball
- Pete Morales – Athletic Director, San Elizario ISD; appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show; known for suiting up the Coronado High School basketball team manager, a special needs student named Mitchell Marcus, so he could experience playing a final regular season Coronado High School basketball game.
- Neil Krafsur – Age 13, El Paso Entrepreneur and Inventor, The PocketHat. The PocketHat, found at www.rockethub.com/projects/43418 , was invented based on the need for something to carry small items for athletes or people on the go. Krafsur has raised more than $12,000 and donates a part of the project proceeds to the Animal Rescue League of El Paso and the National Psoriasis Foundation’s “Alyssa’s Fund.” Basketball Combine will donate $25 from each camper’s tuition toward the project.
- Alfredo Maldonado – MD, El Paso Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department; Assistant Professor; Attended Yale University and Cornell University Medical College; attended Irvin High School in Northeast El Paso.
For more camp information as well as offers and promotions including team and family multiple child discounts, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/basketballcombineelpaso .
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Interested participants may give through the non-profit El Paso Community Foundation which will offer free camp tuition for students involved in the Basketball in the Barrio program: www.athletesunitedforpeace.org/p-barrio.html
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved