- Station Info
- Featured on 4
UTEP scored its first rushing touchdown of the season in the first quarter on a one-yard run by Josh Bell. The last time the Miners scored their first rushing TD in the third game of the season or later was in 2003 when they did so in the fourth game at Louisville. It was also Bell’s first career touchdown.
- Bell is the first UTEP player to register multiple rushing touchdowns in a game since Leilyon Myers versus Tulsa on Nov. 19, 2011.
- The Miners rushed for 105 yards in the first quarter, their second 100-yard quarter of the season. They ran for 108 yards in the third quarter versus Oklahoma on Sept. 1.
- The Miners scored three touchdowns in the first quarter, marking the first time they have done that in a period since the second quarter versus Rice in 2010 in the Sun Bowl.
- The Miners scored touchdowns on four straight possessions for the first time since Oct. 3, 2009 versus Houston (five straight possessions). UTEP scored TDs on its first four possessions of a game for the third time under coach Mike Price. The other such occurrences came at Rice on Oct. 29, 2005, and versus Texas Southern on Nov. 12, 2005.
- Kevin Perry registered the second touchdown reception of his career in the first quarter, and the first by a UTEP tight end in nine games. The last Miner TE to reach the end zone was Craig Wenrick at Tulane last season.
- Craig Wenrick added a touchdown catch in the third quarter, giving the Miners multiple tight ends with touchdown receptions in a game for the first time since Oct. 18, 2008 at Tulsa (Elijah Goldtrap & Jamar Hunt one each).
- Jordan Leslie is the first UTEP receiver to record touchdown catches in consecutive games since Kris Adams did so against Tulane and Marshall in 2010 (tight end Craig Wenrick had touchdown receptions in back-to-back games versus Houston and Tulane last season). Leslie has scored a touchdown in three of his last four games dating back to last season.
- Leslie posted a career-high 147 yards receiving. His previous high was 119 yards versus Tulsa on Nov. 19, 2011.
- Nick Lamaison set a UTEP high with four touchdown passes (previous high three on three occasions last season). Lamaison recorded the second 300-yard passing game of his career (first was 365 yards versus Stony Brook on Sept. 3, 2011).
- The 27 first-half points were the most for UTEP in a half since scoring 31 in the first half at Tulane on Oct. 15, 2011.
- UTEP scored 40 points for the first time since Oct. 15, 2011 at Tulane (44 points), and for a school-record 24th time under coach Mike Price.
- First-time starters for the Miners tonight were wide receiver Malcolm Trail and running back Autrey Golden.
- UTEP’s 487 yards of offense marked its top single-game total since Sept. 29, 2011 against Houston (538).
- In Richard Spencer & A.J. Ropati, UTEP had two players with 11 or more tackles in a game for the first time since Oct. 3, 2009 versus Houston when Deshawn Grayson (14), Melvin Stephenson (14) and Clarence Ward (12) were all credited with 12 or more stops.
- The 10 pass break-ups were the second-most for the Miners under Mike Price and the most since Oct. 14, 2005 versus Tulane (12).
- With 46 wins at UTEP, Mike Price has tied Mike Brumbelow for the second-top total in school history. Mack Saxon ranks first with 66 victories.
- UTEP has posted four straight wins over NM State for the first time since a run of six victories in a row from 1986-91.
- The Miners lead the series 53-35-2, including 36-16-1 in El Paso. UTEP has won 19 of the last 28 matchups in El Paso. The Miners are 7-2 against NMSU under coach Mike Price.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved