Monday, March 18, 2013 - 18:33
NM State heads into the final regular-season game against in-state rival New Mexico on Tuesday, March 19, before heading into Western Athletic Conference play. To open league play, NM State hosts Louisiana Tech for a three game series March 22-23.
• Live stats for each game are available at www.nmstatesports.com.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• NM State fell both games of the doubleheader with No. 21 Nebraska on Friday March 15. The Aggies battled the Huskers to 10 innings in game one before a three-run home run capped the 4-1 loss for the Aggies. Game two came in just five innings as the Aggies worked for two hits, but Nebraska was able to pick up eight runs for an 8-0 win over NM State.
• NM State hosts Siena College for a doubleheader on Monday, March 25, before making its first conference road trip of the season to face Utah State for a three-game series March 29-30 in Logan, Utah.
In the Lead
• Senior Amber Olive leads the Aggies with a .348 batting average and 32 hits this season. She is 10-13 on stolen bases and has helped the Aggies with 12 RBI.
• Sophomore Kelsey Dodd is second on the team in batting average (.338) through the first half of the season. She has three home runs off 24 hits for a total of 14 RBI this season. She leads the team in on-base percentage with .430 and has six extra-base hits this year.
• The Aggie leader in slugging percentage (.667), Staci Rodriguez is second in the WAC in that category and leads the conference with 28 RBI this season. She also leads the league with eight home runs.
Power in the Circle
• Senior Pitcher Alex Newman pitched 76.1 innings, has 38 strikeouts, and boasts a 2.38 ERA through her 19 appearances in the circle. She goes into the week with a 7-7 record.
• As a pitching staff, the Aggies have worked for a 2.85 ERA this season and combined for 114 strikeouts.
• Sophomore Karysta Donisthorpe pitched a career high 12 strikeouts in the 4-3 win over South Dakota.
• Mariah Rimmer leads the Lobos with a .376 batting average and 38 hits this season.
• With a .367 batting average, Chelsea Anaya is the big hitter for UNM with 20 RBI this season and eight extra-base hits that includes two home runs.
• Last weekend, the Lobos beat No. 23 Oregon State 5-3, but are just 1-7 this season against ranked opponents.
• First meeting between the teams was March 23, 1978. NM State took the inaugural meeting 6-3
• All-time, the Lobos hold an 81-54 record over the Aggies with the teams splitting the last two meetings this season.
• NM State took game one of the series 3-0 and the Lobos fought back for a 10-9 win just nine days later.
• NM State is 8-2 through the last 10 meetings between the in-state rivals