- Station Info
- Featured on 4
The 35th Annual GECU Trans Mountain Challenge Half Marathon and 5k takes place on Sunday, October 14th, 2012. The race begins at 7 a.m. Half Marathon races will start on the Westside of the Franklins at Northwestern & Northern Pass, finishing at the Old Glory Memorial flag, corner of Diana & Gateway Blvd on the eastside of the mountain. Half Marathon runners and relay participants should park at the GECU Resler branch located at 1500 N. Resler St. Once the half marathon race is over, buses will provide transportation for half marathon & half marathon relay participants back to the start line area. 5K race will start and end at the Old Glory Memorial flag, corner of Diana and Gateway Blvd.
Race Registration is available online at www.raceadventuresunlimited.com through Friday, October 12, 2012 at 4p.m.. After that, participants have one last chance to register at race expo on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Chase Suite Hotel Conference Center located in the back part of the property at 6791 Montana Ave. NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION OR PACKET PICKUP.
Trans Mountain Challenge Registration Info:
Date: Sunday, October 14, 2012
Start Time: 7a.m.
Half Marathon runners & walkers $45 through October 12th, $50 on October 13th at the Expo.
THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
5K runners & walkers: $30 through October 12th, $35 on October 13th at the Expo.
THERE IS ON RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Military and dependents are eligible for $5 discount. Must present valid military photo ID at packet pick up.
RELAY TEAMS must have no less than 3 members and no more than 6. Cost for Relay Team registration is $120.
Relay registration closes October 7, 2012.
For more information visit: www.raceadventuresunlimited.com
PRE – RACE PACKET PICK UP & EXPO:
• PACKET PICK UP SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13TH, 9 AM TO 6 PM AT CHASE SUITES HOTEL,
6917 MONTANA NEXT TO THE MARRIOTT, AIRWAY AND MONTANA.
• PACKET PICK UP WILL BE IN CONFERENCE CENTER LOCATED AT THE BACK OF THE CHASE SUITES PROPERTY.
• THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS FOR HALF MARATHON & HALF MARATHON RELAY:
• HOW TO GET TO START LINE – FROM THE EAST OR WEST TAKE THE ARTCRAFT EXIT, TURN RIGHT AT PASEO DEL NORTE.
• ARRIVE BEFORE 6 AM OR ROAD WILL BE CLOSED.
• AFTER 6 AM TAKE THE REDD ROAD EXIT THEN TAKE THE GATEWAY TO HELEN OF TROY TO NORTHWESTERN.
• START LINE WILL BE NORTH ON NORTHWESTERN AT CORNER OF NORTHWESTERN & PASEO DEL NORTE.
• Half Marathon & Half Marathon relay races start at the corner of Northwestern & Paseo Del Norte Road.
• Clothing drop will be available at the start line. Bags will be transported to the post race food area located at the finish line.
• Water stations will be located every 2 miles along the course along with the relay team exchange points.
• Porta Potties will be located at the start & finish line & at each water station. Miles 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12.
• Gatorade will be at miles 4 & 8.
HALF MARATHON & HALF MARATHON RELAY PARKING & TRANSPORTATION:
• Parking will be available at GECU, 1500 N. Resler, approximately 8/10’s of a mile from startline.
• DO NOT PARK IN MISSION DE GRACIA CHURCH PARKING LOT ON NORTHWESTERN.
• Relay buses will leave the start area at 6:30 a.m.
• Buses will be numbered according to relay point. They will transport relay team members to appropriate relay points. After all relay team members have made relay exchange, relay runners will be transported to finish line.
• Relay runners: DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL ITEMS ON RELAY BUS.
• Half Marathon finish line, 5K start / finish located at the corner of US 54 & Diana at the Old Glory Memorial flag.
• There will be no transportation from the finish line area to the start line before the race.
• Buses to transport participants back to GECU will be parked on Gateway Blvd north.
• First bus leaves finish line area to return to GECU at 8:30 a.m.
• Clothing drop items will be in the post race food area.
5K RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
• 5K starts and finishes at Old Glory Memorial Flag, corner of Diana and U.S. 54.
• Parking for 5K at EPCC Transmountain campus.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved