- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Two years after it produced the first sellout of a UTEP basketball home opener in 24 years, the “Miner Orangeville” campaign is back – this time for the I-10 rivalry game against NM State on Wednesday (Nov. 28).
UTEP and NMSU will tip-off at 7 p.m.
On Tuesday morning (Nov. 27), a proclamation will be read at the City Council meeting, authorizing the renaming of El Paso to “Miner Orangeville” on Wednesday.
The partnership between UTEP Athletics and city officials, along with local businesses, will also result in the following:
- City Council members wearing orange at their Nov. 27 meeting
- The Abraham Chavez Theater will be illuminated orange Nov. 26-28
- The Plaza Theater will be illuminated orange Nov. 26-28
- Many local businesses and organizations will have their employees wear orange on Nov. 28
- Corner Tavern and Grill (2700 North Mesa) is partnering with Glazer’s to serve orange beer on Nov. 28. The establishment will be lit orange inside and out as well
- Glazer’s will serve orange beer at the Don Haskins Center on Nov. 28
- Walgreens will provide free orange foam picks to the first 2,000 fans at the NMSU game
In addition, Wednesday’s game will feature a special halftime presentation for retiring UTEP football coach Mike Price. Coach Price will also be available for pictures following the game.
801 N. Oregon, El Paso, Texas 79902 • (915) 532-5421 • email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Titan TV Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved