Former UTEP Miner and Olympic Bronze medalist Blessing Okagbare returned to competition after having surgery in October for a stress fracture in her left tibia. She made her 2011 debut at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Oregon and competed in the 100-meter dash.
In the weeks leading up to the meet, Okagbare returned to UTEP to train and test her strength but says she isn't quite at 100%.
"So far I have been coming back really good, practice wise and I hope to get there," said Okagbare.
Blessing finished in seventh place with a time of 11.08 at the Prefontaine Classic which marked her best time since her surgery.
100 Metres - Women Wind: +2.0 m/s
1. Jeter , Carmelita USA 10.70
2. Myers , Marshevet USA 10.86
3. Stewart , Kerron JAM 10.87
4. Fraser - Price , Shelly-Ann JAM 10.95
5. Simpson , Sherone JAM 11.00
6. Anderson , Alexandria USA 11.02
7. Okagbare , Blessing NGR 11.08
8. Williams , Lauryn USA 11.15