Silver City, NM — The Silver City Engine Crews from the Gila National Forest are looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and ability to work outdoors.
Anyone interested in applying must be able to perform hard physical labor in remote areas of the nation’s forests and grasslands for long extended periods of time in primitive living conditions, while engaged in high stress and high risk wildland and urban interface fire environments, as well as all “All Risk” incidents (disaster relief).
Where to Apply: www.usajobs.gov 
Position: Arduous Level Firefighter on Type 6 and Type 3 Engine Crews
Grade: GS-03 thru GS-05
Appointment Limit: 1039 hours/ 6 Months
Location: Silver City, NM
- Individuals with at least 1 season experience in wildland fire
- Chainsaw experience, thinning and felling experience (B sawyer or better)
- Individuals who are physically fit and self-motivated to be the best
- Individuals who are mentally conditioned to work in a close quarters team environment
Criteria for GS Levels 3-5:
- GS-03: No experience required but preferred
- GS-04: 90 days experience in wildland fire with satisfactory performance rating
- GS-05: 120 days specialized experience in wildland fire, qualified as FFT1,completed S-290 National Wildfire Coordinating Group course.
For further information, contact Jesse Searles, 575.388.8412 or Billy Trujillo, 575.388.8384.