El Paso, TX (KDBC) — Just before 11:30 a.m. Thursday, neighbors called 911 when they spotted heavy smoke and flames coming from the home at 512 Ural Way.
Officials with the El Paso Fire Department said the homeowner was in the garage when he smelled smoke and after a quick look around he found the back porch fully engulfed.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames within 20 minutes, but the damage to the home was already done.
One firefighter sustained a minor second degree burn to a left shoulder.
The cause of the fire may never be known because of the extensive damage that’s estimated $132,000. The family of three will have to find a new place to live.