El Paso — Firefighters were dispatched Thursday morning to a house fire at 5500 Oakbriar Circle after reports of light smoke coming from a garage were reported to 9-1-1 by a neighbor. Upon arrival, firefighters saw light smoke showing from the eaves above the garage from a quadruplex unit. Two adjacent units were evacuated as a safety precaution.
No one was inside the home at the time of incident and crews quickly extinguished the smoldering wood within ten minutes.
Firefighters determined the smoke and smoldering were caused by an electrical short in the exposed electrical junction box. The damage was contained to a small portion of the roof above the garage. Damages are estimated at $3,000.00.
No injuries were reported.
The home, where the incident occurred, and neighboring units did not sustain any further damage. Approximately seven (7) fire units and 19 firefighters responded to this incident.