New Mexico State’s softball team looks to get back to the NM State Softball Complex to meet UT-Arlington for a three-game series April 5-6. Friday afternoon’s game is set to be televised on AggieVision with the Saturday doubleheader live on KSNM AM570. NM State goes into the conference series with a 5-1 WAC record and 23-13 overall. The Aggies welcome the Mavericks with a 17-16 season record and 2-4 in conference play.
• This week’s Aggie games are available several ways. Friday’s series opener is set to be aired by AggieVision on Comcast New Mexico and NMStateSports.com. The Saturday doubleheader is live on your radio on KSNM AM570 with Jay Sanderson making the call. All Aggie games are also available via live stats at NMStateSports.com and on Twitter @NMStateAggies.
• Get all the updates of Aggie Athletics on Twitter and Facebook. Get in-game statistics and in-game updates on Twitter @NMStateAggies and @NMSUSoftball. Find out about all Aggie Athletics promotions and events on Facebook (NMSU Athletics and The Aggie Student-Athlete).
• NM State finished the week with 56 hits and 43 runs through five games. The Aggies had 36 of those hits in their first road conference series against Utah State. Sophomore Staci Rodriguez finished the week with four home runs and nine RBI, while senior Teresa Conrad worked for eight RBI with two homers. The Aggies boasted a team batting average of .354 with nine doubles and nine stolen bases. The Aggie pitching staff worked for a 5-0 record in the circle with 16 strikeouts and a 2.92 team ERA.
• The Aggies are at home for the second straight week for five games. NM State starts the week by hosting No. 19/21 Arizona on Tuesday, April 9. NM State then turns back to WAC competition as it welcomes UTSA for three games April 12-13.
About the Aggies
• The Aggies boast a 5-1 WAC record (23-13 overall) going into the week against the Mavs. As a team, the Aggies have plated 49 runs in six games and tallied 68 hits with 10 home runs. This season, NM State is hitting .303, while holding their opponents to a .277 batting average.
• Eight Aggies are hitting above .300 this season with senior Amber Olive leading the way with a .416 hitting average.
• The Aggie pitching staff holds a .286 ERA going into the weekend with three saves and a combined 141 strikeouts. Alex Newman leads in the circle with a 2.37 ERA and an 11-8 record with two saves.
• NM State is second in the WAC just behind San Jose State, which has a matching 5-1 league record, but is 27-11 overall. The Aggies lead the WAC with a seven-game winning streak.
About UT Arlington
• The Mavs are just over .500 this season with 17-16 overall record and a 2-4 start to WAC play.
• Most recently, the Mavs were swept by Louisiana Tech in three games. NM State went 2-1 to win the series over La Tech just two weeks ago.
• UTA looks to right handed hurler Teri Lyles to help out this weekend with a WAC-leading 1.80 ERA through 124.2 innings pitched. Callie Collins is also solid in the circle with a 2.31 ERA.
• The Mavs are fifth in conference right now with a tied conference record with Seattle U and Texas State.