Tuesday, Apr 30, 2013 · 8:00 am
, Get Directions 
For Immediate Release
March 8, 2013
Media Contact: Gilda Gil-Lopez
firstname.lastname@example.org , (915) 544-8484
El Paso, TX – March 8, 2013 - The Texas Autism Research and Resource Center (TARRC), The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS), the Education Service Center Region 19 and the Paso del Norte Children’s Development Center is pleased to host an Autism Recognition & Response Workshop on Tuesday April 30, 2013.
Did you know that:
• Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
• Autism prevalence figures are growing
• Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
• Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
• Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
• Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
• There is no medical detection or cure for autism
The morning presentation will be from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. The presenter will be Dennis Debbaudt, an international expert on Autism Risk & Safety for First Responders. The training will provide a four hour training session for law enforcement, fire-rescue, EMS, 911, nurses, doctors, social workers, care providers and educators.
There will be an afternoon presentation from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm by the same presenter; this session will be tailored to meet the needs of parents and family members.
The workshop is FREE and will be held at the Education Service Center Region 19 (6611 Boeing). Please email us to register at email@example.com