After a week on the road visiting other Texas teams in Laredo and Amarillo, the Diablos are back for a 7 day home stand. The first series welcomes, for the first time this season, the Grand Prairie AirHogs. Then the Amarillo Sox will be making their first appearance at Cohen Stadium in 2012. The following is a rundown of all the promotions going on this coming week.
Friday, June 8, 2012 @ 7:05 pm vs Grand Prairie AirHogs
• Fireworks Friday: A Cohen Stadium Friday night staple. We’ll be shooting off fireworks into the night sky following the game. Don’t miss your opportunity to meet the team on the field, get autographs, and take a seat on the infield for the show! Presented by GECU.
Saturday, June 9, 2012: @ 7:05 pm vs Grand Prairie AirHogs
• El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Night with Fireworks: Tonight’s sponsor sought to reach out to Hispanic owned businesses and Hispanic citizens of El Paso, and donated 20,000 free admission tickets to the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Following tonight’s game will be a special showing of fireworks (the only Saturday show this season)! Presented by AT&T.
• Ed Randall’s Bat for the Cure: This great organization is making their way through minor league baseball stadiums to spread the word about prostate cancer. They will be setting up in the stadium passing out materials, and will be auctioning off a blue Diablos autographed bat by the 7th inning.
• Evolve Federal Credit Union’s Kite Night: Evolve FCU will be having a kite event at Cohen Stadium between 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. They will be giving away 1000 FREE kites, and FREE General Admission to tonight’s game.
• Border Beer & Wing Fling: Cohen Stadium’s parking lot will play host to this event today from 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm. Separate entry fees apply. See www.beerwingfling.com  for ticket info. Everyone participating in this event will get a FREE General Admission ticket to tonight’s game!
Sunday, June 10, 2012 @ 6:05 pm vs Grand Prairie AirHogs
• Quartermania: Gotta love $0.25 hot dogs and ice cream sandwiches!
• Bark in the Park: Why should your pup stay at home? Bring your dog to tonight’s game for FREE! Just be sure to bring your pooper scooper to pick up after your pet! Presented by Pet’s Barn.
Monday, June 11, 2012 @ 7:05 pm vs Amarillo Sox
• Pop Out Hunger: Help us help the hungry. Bring a canned good for the West Texas Food Bank, and receive one FREE small popcorn from our concession company, Sodexo.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 @ 7:05 pm vs Amarillo Sox
• 2 for 1 Tickets: Tuesday is date night at Cohen Stadium! Buy one, get one FREE on tonight’s ticket prices.
• Taco Tuesday: Ever wanted to try an authentic Costa Rican beer? Now’s your chance with tonight’s concession deal: 2 tacos and an Imperial Beer for $3. Presented by Budweiser.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 @ 7:05 pm vs Amarillo Sox
• Military Night: To honor those who serve, the Diablos are continuing our Military Night tradition. We’ve delivered FREE tickets at the Fort Bliss Public Affairs Office, Bliss Boss, MWR, ITR, USO, and Balfour Beatty Housing. If you didn’t get one of those tickets, don’t worry! Just bring your Military ID (active duty, retired, spouse and dependents) to the Cohen Stadium Box Office to receive FREE General Admission. Upgrade to box seats for $2. Fans with Military IDs can take advantage of our concession deal of a hot dog and beverage (soda or beer) for $3. Presented by AT&T.
Don’t miss the opportunity to see El Paso’s team play at Cohen before the team hits the road for Laredo, TX and Kansas City, KS until June 22nd. For anyone who wants to follow the team on the road, tune into Fox Sports Radio 1380 AM or log on to diablos.com for the same webcast.
Discounted Season Ticket, Weekend Ticket, and Flex Pack Ticket Specials are on sale now for the 2012 season. For more information on these or on our upcoming season, please visit diablos.com or call (915)755-2000.