- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, November 4, 2013 - 12:32pm
Fabens, TX (KDBC) — An accidental electrical failure caused over $200,000 in damage to a Fabens grocery store early Sunday morning.
El Paso county Sheriff's Deputies responded to a fire at Carreras Grocery, in the 200 block of E. Main St. in Fabens at approximately 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Deputies immediately responded by shutting off power and evacuating residents of a nearby apartment.
Volunteer Fire Fighters from Fabens, San Elizario, Clint, Socorro and Horizon Fire Departments were all summoned to the scene. The damage to the store is estimated at over $200,000.