- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, January 14, 2013 - 17:23
EL PASO — El Paso Electric has launched a free application that allows customers to pay their El Paso Electric bills using their iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones. EPE has partnered with payment provider TIO Networks Corp, the company which processes bill payments at ZapLink kiosks as well as at authorized payment agents, to make the EPE MobilePay app available.
“We’re pleased to offer our customers more choices when paying their bills so they can select the method that best fits their needs,” said Kerry Lore, Vice Present of Customer Care at El Paso Electric. “The application offers a fast and easy way for customers to pay their electric bills that is convenient and saves time. “
TIO Networks charges a $1.95 convenience fee for each transaction to cover merchant processing and bank fees associated with secure, electronic transactions.
Some of the app’s features include:
• Saves your EPE account information. You only need to enter your EPE account number and payment information once;
• Pay anywhere, anytime from the convenience of your smartphone or iPad;
• Displays account-balance-due information;
• Pay using your bank checking account, Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards;
• Stores TIO mobile payment history and sends e-mail receipts directly to your e-mail inbox; and
• Your payments post on the same day the payment is made.
Information links to the app are available on EPE’s website, www.epelectric.com. The EPE MobilePay app is available at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.