- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Friday, June 28, 2013 - 8:40pm
Las Cruces, NM (KDBC) — The Las Cruces fire and police departments are stepping up patrols to combat the use of illegal fireworks within city limits.
This year's dry weather conditions prompted the city of Las Cruces to enact fire restrictions that allow fireworks to be used only on barren or paved lands, and with an available water source. the restrictions prohibit the use of fireworks in any city park.
Fireworks allowed to be purchased and discharged in Las Cruces are ground and hand-held sparkling and smoking devices. aerial and ground audible devices are prohibited.
Experts also suggest:
- Fireworks may not be sold to anyone who is intoxicated or younger than 16.
- Limit use to the outdoors and away from combustibles.
- Light only one firework at a time and move a safe distance away.
- Purchase fireworks only from a licensed vendor.
- Follow all label directions and safely dispose of all casings and debris.