- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Thursday, August 4, 2011 - 3:24pm
LAS CRUCES- The Las Cruces Fire Department is ending summer fire restrictions effective today.
Most areas have received enough rainfall or increased humidity levels to safely remove the fire restrictions that were in place since earlier this year.
The lifting of fire restrictions has been in accordance with other land management agencies and jurisdictions in New Mexico. While the Las Cruces community is now less prone to wildfires, the public is asked to continue using caution when using fire.
Residents of Las Cruces should obtain a burn permit prior to burning weeds or debris. Burn permits are free of charge but they do have specific provisions:
• Official permit must be obtained at any one of the six Las Cruces fire stations.
• Summer burning hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. through the end of August.
• Fire must constantly be attended by an adult with an immediate water source.
• Burn permits are valid for only one day.
• Burn permits will not be issued on high wind advisory days.
For more specific information on burn permits visit any Las Cruces fire station weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or call (575) 528-3473.