- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, June 30, 2014 - 3:06pm
El Paso Symphony Orchestra’s 4th Annual "Pop Goes the Fort" Independence Day
Biggs Park, 11388 Sergeant Major Blvd.
- 4 p.m. Biggs Park will open
- 5:30p.m. A canon "Salute to the Union" followed by a performance of the 1st Armored Division Band.
- 8 p.m. El Paso Symphony Orchestra concert begins
For more information on the EPSO concert celebration contact:
Robert Caldwell, Special Events Coordinator
Chamizal National Memorial - 7:30 p.m. - 800 S San Marcial St.
- FREE Admission
- El Paso Wind Symphony’s annual Independence day performance of patriotic music followed by a fireworks.
Wet & Wild Waterworld - 8804 South Desert Boulevard
- Tickets & Additional information: http://wetnwildwaterworld.com
Rim Neighborhood Parade and Costume Event
The corner of Rim, Brown, and Kerbey down to the Upper Tom Lea Park at the corner of Rim Road and St. Vrain
- 9:45 a.m. Anyone interested in walking or cycling in the parade should be here at this time
- 10 a.m. Parade begins
- Bring your friends, family, and pets. The parade is open to all El Pasoans.
- Decorate your bikes, scooters, and even your pets!
- Costume contest categories include girls, boys, pets, bikes and family.
For more information on the Rim Area Event contact:
- Bob Brannon
Hot Dog Eating Contest - 2 p.m. - 2nd Base Bar and Grill - 1700 N. Zaragoza
- Free Admission
- Over 15 contestants trying to win the First Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest. A portion of the proceeds, including T-shirt sales, benefit the American Cancer Society and Marisela Lujan.
So Loud Massive - 4 p.m. - 2 a.m. - El Paso County Coliseum Parking Lot - 4100 E. Paisano
- Lineup: ZEDS DEAD, Milo & Otis, TWRK, Ace, Amer Jandali, Johnny Kage, Tommy Bustillos, Joey Funk, Sal Beltran, Gabeskee, Jack Bass, Dack Janiels, Filth.wav
- Tickets Available at Local outlets: All that Music, Craze Yogurt, Dream Arena
First Friday ArtWalk & Ghost Tour - 6 to 10 p.m. - San Elizario Historic District
- FREE ArtWalk
- Ghost Tour is $10
- More information: http://www.sanelizariohistoricdistrict.org/
4th of July Family Festival - 6 to 10 p.m. - Harvest Christian Center
- FREE Admission
- More information: www.hccelpaso.com
- Chivas de Guadalajara vs. Cruzeiro - Sun Bowl Stadium - 8 p.m. - Tickets at Ticketmaster
- City Hall
- County Offices
- School Districts
- Greater El Paso Landfill
Las Cruces Independence Day Schedule
Parade and Fun Run
- 7:45 p.m. The Electric 5K Fun Run - Located at Main Street and Picacho Avenue (in front of Albert Johnson Park). For more information contact: www.lascrucesrunningclub.com
- 9 p.m. Electric Light Parade - Theme: Hats Off To America. Staging at 700 N. Main St., (in front of Las Cruces City Hall). The route is Church Street around to Water Street ends on north Main Street.
Annual Fourth for July Celebration
Location: Field of Dreams, 2501 Tashiro Rd.
- 12 p.m. Youth and Family Activities include large-scale obstacle course along with group and team games
- 4 p.m. Local Bands
- 5:30 p.m. New Mexico Lottery Drawing - Three Harley-Davidson Motorcycles will be given away
- 6 p.m. Yesterday - Beatles tribute band
- 8 p.m. Don McLean- America's Legendary singer
- 9:15 p.m. Mayor's Welcome
- 9:30 p.m. 4th of July Annual Fireworks Display
- 10 p.m. Indigenous - Blues/Rock/Jazz
July 4th Celebration Parking: Mayfield High School, Picacho Middle School, and at the stadium.
- Viewing areas include the stadium (entertainment and activities) and soccer fields east of stadium (spectator area).
- No RVs or trailer parking allowed and absolutely no fireworks will be allowed in events area.
City of Las Cruces policy restricts pets at all City-sponsored events!
All entertainment and activities are FREE.
NEW MEXICO PARKS
Celebrate the Fourth of July at a New Mexico State Park
Santa Fe, NM
Celebrate your independence with the whole family at a New Mexico State Park! State Parks will have a variety of great events on the July 4th weekend.
Festivities and fireworks displays are at the following state parks:
• Sumner Lake State Park
Join the Sumner Lake Fire Department for beautiful fireworks from 9-10:30 p.m.
• Eagle Nest Lake State Park
A spectacular fireworks display will be held at dark over Eagle Nest Lake.
• Ute Lake State Park
Enjoy a parade at 10 a.m. in the town of Logan.
Free barbeque and beans at 5 p.m. at the baseball field entrance.
The fireworks display at dusk at Windy Point Area.
• Elephant Butte Lake State Park
Shot from Rattlesnake Island, fireworks can be viewed from the beach or your boat at dark. Fireworks are scheduled for July 5th with an alternate date of July 6th in case of rain.
State Parks officials remind you to always make safety your number one priority-on land and in the water. Wearing lifejackets saves lives; always wear a lifejacket when you're on a boat or swimming. State Parks offers FREE boating safety classes around the state and on-line throughout the year.
For more information, www.visit nmparks.com or call toll free at 1.877.664.7787.
Las Cruces City Closures and Schedules
City Hall and most other City of Las Cruces offices will be closed on Friday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Police and fire services will not be affected.
The following is a list of closures:
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center
- East Mesa Recreation Center
- Frank O' Brien Papen Community Center
- East Side Community Center
- Henry Benavidez Community Center
- Mesilla Park Community Center
- Sage Cafe
- Munson Center
- Frenger Indoor Pool
- RoadRUNNER Transit
- Thomas Branigan Memorial Library
- All museums
- All Senior Programs
Solid waste and recycling services will operate on a normal schedule and the Foothills Landfill will have regular Friday hours.
Regional Aquatic Center will operate on a modified schedule.
The East Mesa and Laabs Pools are open for swim sessions from 12 - 3 p.m. and 3:30 - 6:30