High CO Levels Temporarily Close Munson Center

Friday, December 7, 2012 - 12:41pm

LAS CRUCES, N.M. — The City of Las Cruces’ Munson Center is closed Friday due to high levels of carbon monoxide inside the building located at 975 S. Mesquite St.

According to Sally Schutte, acting senior programs administrator, “A high level of carbon monoxide was discovered inside the building prior to opening and the building was immediately closed to the public.”

HVAC technicians with the City’s facilities department were immediately dispatched and are currently on scene investigating the source of the gas. “The technicians are meticulously going through the building checking all gas lines and pilot lights to isolate the source of the gas leak,” Schutte said.

Schutte also said that once the leak was discovered, the decision was immediately made to provide alternate dining locations for patrons.

Dial-a-Ride patrons who normally dine at the center will be transported to the Eastside Center, 310 N. Tornillo St. Patrons who drive themselves will be served at either the Benavidez Center, 1045 McClure Rd. or the Frank O’ Brian Papen Center, 304 W. Bell Ave.

Schutte said it appears the weekly Saturday night dance at the center will be conducted as usual from 7 – 9 p.m.

News

Reader Comments

Post new Comment