- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Thursday, June 6, 2013 - 11:29pm
El Paso, Texas (KDBC) — The on going drought is affecting 4th of July celebrations for the third year in a row.
As LocalFour News reported, Govenor Rick Perry signed off on El Paso's declaration of disaster. The declaration prohibits fireworks in El Paso County, but some residents say it won't stop people from celebrating the old fashion way.
"A lot of the parents, they just don't care. They want their kids to have a good time," said Tara Nelson from West El Paso.
The ban remains in effect until July 5th.
"They think you know its not going to happen to me, or you know they are not going to catch me. They are so far away, but you know, that's what always happens," said David Ibave from West El Paso.