Fire rips through mobile home

MGN Online
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 6:02pm

A family is looking for a place to stay after a mobile home caught fire.

It happened Tuesday around 1:50 p.m. on Alameda and Ascarate in the lower valley.

According to firefighters, when they arrived at the mobile home, smoke and flames were coming from the home and a wooden playhouse next to it.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in ten minutes.

A woman and child were home at the time of the fire, but they were able to escape.

The Red Cross is helping the family with a place to stay.

Damages to the home are estimated at $5,000.00  

News

Reader Comments

Post new Comment