- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, April 15, 2013 - 11:56pm
El Paso, TX (KDBC) — An El Paso family is homeless tonight after their apartment went up in flames this afternoon. It happened on the 3200 block of North Zaragoza behind several businesses. No one was home at the time. A woman living in the apartment discovered the blaze upon arriving home. The residence is a complete loss. The owner of the home did not have insurance and damage is estimated at $10,000.
The family living in the apartment had four kids under the age of 16 and lost everything they owned. We can't live in it. It's unconditional right now. We're trying to get all the help we can. Red Cross was very available to us. They were real good about it and we're hoping for the best and hope someone can help us out more," said Luis Ramirez, who lived in the apartment.
If you'd like to help the Ramirez family an account is being set up at First Light Federal Credit Union.