- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 10:40pm
Trick or treaters avoided one house in South El Paso Wednesday night. That's because it caught fire. The fire at 1113 Delta Street started just before seven p.m. Almost 50 firefighters arrived on scene within minutes to fight the blaze. A construction crew was working in the house at the time and one of the workers was injured.
"We understand they were pulling carpet at the time and didn't notice the fire. They were able to self evacuate. One guy did get 2nd degree burns on his arms and hands," said Rick Carson with the El Paso Fire Department.
Fire crews still don't know how the blaze started but say it likely had something to do with the remodeling project. The home is a complete loss.