- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 3:00pm
A dog in Houston is known to eat everything from Barbie dolls to Walmart plastic bags, but when she got into her owner's cash bin, that is when she went too far, Gianna Caserta has the story.
Cindy Molzer-Aranguren, Dog's owner, "Here is a two dollar bill, here is another five that is kind of ripped up, and the rest are ones, and as you can see they are almost entirely intact."
Cindy still can't believe a mountain of cash was in her dog's stomach just a few days ago.
While she was at the grocery store Friday, 5 year-old Misty got into a tin filled with cash and ate $54 dollars, "I threw both the dogs, I have Misty and a little Yorkie, into the bedroom and I said I will feed you when I get back."
Well, Misty apparently couldn't wait that long and started eating money that was inside a tin in the bedroom.
Cindy Molzer-Aranguren, "I looked in there and all the bills were gone."
Worried the money would get caught in her stomach, Cindy brought Misty to the vet where they found the wad of cash in her stomach, Ashley Kotinek, Veterinarian, "Cash is kinda strange, and so my feeling is there must have been something on it, someone had spilled something on it, it had a flavor that made the dog want to eat it."
The vet gave Misty medicine to induce vomiting, Cindy Molzer-Aranguren, "And she eventually just vomited like 18 dollars, and the vet called me and said, 'Yeah, she vomited 18 dollars.' I said, 'Oh, that's great.'"
Eventually Cindy got all of her money back, "I said to the vet, 'Can I pay you in cash?'"
Cindy says that is the last time Misty will be left alone in their room.