- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 2:03pm
El Paso, TX (KDBC) — Each year since 1967, the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) celebrates the birth of Hans Christian Andersen on April 2 by celebrating International Children's Book Day.
Each year, IBBY designates a different National Section to decide a theme and invites a prominent author from the host country to write a message to to children of the world, they also invite a prominent illustrator to design a poster.
The purpose of the International Children's Book day is to promote literacy across the world.
We decided to compile a list of our favorite Children's books for you to share with your family today!
- Amelia Bedelia - Peggy Parish
- The Borrowers - Mary Norton
- Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? - Bill Martin, Jr.
- The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Suess
- Charlotte's Web - E.B. White
- Curious George - H.A. Rey
- The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein
- Goodnight Moon - Margaret Wise Brown
- Guess How Much I Love you - Sam McBratney
- Jumanji - Chris Van Allsburg
- The Lion and the Mouse - Jerry Pinkney
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
- The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Madeline - Ludweg Bemelmans
- Matilda - Roald Dahl
- Mr. Popper's Penguins - Richard and Florence Atwater
- Moo, Baa, La La La! - Sandra Boynton
- Ramona the Pest - Beverly Cleary
- Rumpelstilskin - Paul O. Zelinsky
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing - Judy Blume
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle
- Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak