- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Monday, November 19, 2012 - 9:21pm
That's the question the El Paso Better Business Bureau wants to bring to your attention while scavenging retail stores this Friday.
They have offered some tips to make sure you do get the best deals available and warns of anticlimactic bargains, limited quantities and bait and switch tactics.
1) Have sale advertisements and coupons? Bring them to stores and hold on tight.
2) Is it the real deal? Comparison shop online to see how similar products are priced.
3) Are there conditions or limitations? Read fine print carefully; look for asterisks and timeframes.
4) Is it first come, first served? See if ads specify that supplies are limited.
5) See overly-enticing signage? Review closely and snap photos to defend deals.
6) Do terms change at registers? Watch out for higher prices due to undisclosed stipulations on "percentage-off" sales and "free" offers.
7) Are there special incentives with in-store credit cards? Beware of high fees and interest rates. Too many open cards can damage credit
8) What about returns and exchanges? Find out if items are "final sale." Carefully inspect "clearance" merchandise and other markdowns.
9) Do ads or offers seem misleading? See the store manager.
Visit www.bbb.org for more Black Friday shopping tips.