- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 7:36pm
LAS CRUCES, N.M. — The man shocked by 13,000 volts of electricity Monday is back to work and doing well after losing consciousness and recovering for only a day at the hospital.
Craig Benavidez, 52, said he spend most of the day hauling wood he chops up and sells and said he will continue to work as an arborist.
"Just keep on going," Benavidez said. "What else can I do, who else is going to pay my bills."
Benavidez does not remember touching the electric line and said he was at least three feet away.
He added he doesn't even recall the electricity hitting his body.
Six months ago he had a second brush with death after he cut a tree disturbing a bee hive and getting stung hundreds of times by Africanized bees.
"32 years and I guess nothing happened up until the last six months when I got stung by the bees then I got electrocuted," Benavidez said.
He said he's still sore and is recovering from cuts on his head, hand and legs where he said the electricity came out.
His family tells him to be cautious with his work, but doesn't plan on taking a break and will continue his work trimming trees.