- Station Info
- Featured on 4
Thursday, May 30, 2013 · 11:30 am
El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, operator of the MBDA Business Center, will host the second in a series of Extraordinary Minority Awards (EMA) Recognition Luncheons to honor minority small business owners for their diversity and continued success in the El Paso regional business community.
The EMA Luncheon Series was developed to unite the most talented, committed entrepreneurs in the four most prominent minority business sectors in our borderland community; African American, Native American, Hispanic, and Asian American. The first event of the series was held on March 25 and honored local, extraordinary African American business owners.
Our next luncheon will recognize outstanding Native-American Business Owners from around our region.
During the recognition ceremony, seven businesses will be recognized in the following categories:
1. Woman-Owned Business of the Year
2. Family-Owned Business of the Year
3. Veteran-Owned Business of the Year
4. Young Entrepreneur of the Year (under 40 years old)
5. Emerging Business of the Year (0-2 years in business)
6. Flourishing Business of the Year (extraordinary growth in the last 2 years), and
7. Tribally-Owned Business of the Year
The El Paso Hispanic Chamber and the MBDA Business Center encourage the community to submit nomination forms for any of the categories, by close of business Tuesday, May 7, 2013. Nomination & Registration Forms can be found at www.ephcc.org, or call 915-566-4066!